41 Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, CM1 1SY

NHS Dentistry

NHS Dentist in Chelmsford

Goodleigh Dental Practice was established over 70 years ago and has a long history of providing dental care in Chelmsford. We offer a full range of dental services and treatments to both NHS and and private patients. We are situated in the centre of Chelmsford in close proximity to the bus and railway station. Our objective is to provide affordable, high quality dentistry to the local community in a friendly and relaxed environment.

We value our team. From the cleaner through to our reception staff, the practice manager, our dentists and nurses – everyone plays a vital role in ensuring that our patients have a safe and enjoyable visit.


NHS dental charges

If you normally pay for NHS dental treatment, the amount you spend will depend on what clinical treatment you need. There are three NHS charge bands:

  • Band 1 course of treatment – £25.80
    This charge will include an examination, diagnosis and care to prevent problems. If necessary this will include X-rays, scale and polish and planning for more treatment. Urgent care will also cost £25.80.
  • Band 2 course of treatment – £70.70
    This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £25.80 charge plus other treatment such as fillings, root canal treatments or extractions (having teeth taken out)..
  • Band 3 course of treatment – £306.80
    This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £25.80 and £70.70 charges plus more complicated procedures such as crowns, dentures or bridges.

For more information please visit the NHS website (offsite link opens in a new window)

Contact Us

To arrange an appointment or ask a question about registering with our practice and treatment options available.